DevilDisc

May 31, 2022
Hamilton,Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I removed the light and raypac heater . It was connected to a gfci and a switch actually two one for the light and one for the pump , they all were run to a intermatic t-103 . and then into the main breaker box the pump is on a double breaker and the light and plug to another single . what do i remove to just have the pump powered and a switch and gfci if needed . the timer has five wires coming from the breaker . 1 red 3 black and one white with two white wires looped behind Agfci.jpgInc juice.jpgincoming electricity.jpginterbox.jpgpump.jpg

Last edited:
DD,

While in theory you can tell what -is-what by the color of the wire, that is often not true.

You need a voltmeter so you can actually "know" what-is-what.

Show us several pics of what you have now and we can try to help.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I removed the light and raypac heater . It was connected to a gfci and a switch actually two one for the light and one for the pump , they all were run to a intermatic t-103 . and then into the main breaker box the pump is on a double breaker and the light and plug to another single . what do i remove to just have the pump powered and a switch and gfci if needed . the timer has five wires coming from the breaker . 1 red 3 black and one white with two white wires looped behind A
Without pictures, the only thing that is for sure is the two small white wires are the timer-motor wires.

Reactions: DevilDisc
I removed the light and raypac heater . It was connected to a gfci and a switch actually two one for the light and one for the pump , they all were run to a intermatic t-103 . and then into the main breaker box the pump is on a double breaker and the light and plug to another single . what do i remove to just have the pump powered and a switch and gfci if needed . the timer has five wires coming from the breaker . 1 red 3 black and one white with two white wires looped behind A

pics shortly

• bb.jpgbb.jpgOkay here we go Two reds from pool pad go to Load 4 and one to breaker box . says 20 on it . Two black wires one from double breaker to Line 1 and the other from double breaker to line 3 , says 15 on the breakers .One black wire from pool pad to load 2 . One white wire from A goes to bonding strap in main breaker box . then a larger 12g wire from bonding strap to pool pad . On green wire from pool pad to bonding strap . one copper bare in bonding strap withOkay here we go Two reds from pool pad go to Load 4 and one to breaker box . says 20 on it . Two black wires one from double breaker to Line 1 and the other from double breaker to line 3 , says 15 on the breakers .One black wire from pool pad to load 2 . One white wire from A goes to bonding strap in main breaker box . then a larger 12g white wire from bonding strap to pool pad . On green wire from pool pad to bonding strap . one copper bare in bonding strap withwire to A and copper ground to ground bolt. Two whites from A and Line 1 to behind the timer wheel.gfci.jpginline electric.jpginterbox.jpgpump.jpgInc juice.jpgwire to A and copper ground to ground bolt. Two whites from A and Line 1 to behind the timer wheel.gfci.jpginline electric.jpginterbox.jpgpump.jpgInc juice.jpgwire to A and copper ground to ground bolt. Two whites from A and Line 1 to behind the timer wheel.

What are you trying to do? Replace equipment? Upgrade? Get rid of a pool? There is only one red in the (many) pictures. You mention two. The wires on 1 and 3 should be going to a breaker and 2 and 4 to the pump. The white wire on A (the neutral) should be attached to the neutral buss in the panel. A T103 is a different animal and the wiring may be different. Can't tell without seeing where the wires are all attached.
Please, be careful working on this as it seems you're not that familiar working on high-voltage equipment.

What are you trying to do? Replace equipment? Upgrade? Get rid of a pool? There is only one red in the (many) pictures. You mention two. The wires on 1 and 3 should be going to a breaker and 2 and 4 to the pump. The white wire on A (the neutral) should be attached to the neutral buss in the panel. A T103 is a different animal and the wiring may be different. Can't tell without seeing where the wires are all attached.
Please, be careful working on this as it seems you're not that familiar working on high-voltage equipment.
put a new gfci recepticle in and a Switch for the pump motor . it had a switch on one side for the light and a recepticle , and a switch one the other for the pump , and a junction box that was also holed out to go to the either the plug on the other side also I think the a red went to other side maybe for the heater wires ran into the junction box as well on the post . I removed the light in the pool and pulled the wire , as well as pulled the wire from the heater. conduit came up far side of heater as well as a box that goes to the light made of mostly copper with a plastic top . the conduit to that ran either underneath or around the pad no worries there , from the motor a red a black and a green come out through the junction box where almost all that wire was all crammed together and slpiced like i said I just want a plug and a switch for the pump . i figure i just match up the colors on the wires from the timer to the pump motor but the plug and switch dunno I cant remember where the white one went to , YEs i sealed off the light niche . just seems like alot of wire left over for a plug and switch a ton of green that wasnt cut but sheathed so it would loop around wires , grounding screws on all the boxes .

On the reds one goes to timer one from the timer L 4 to the pool pad and one from the main breaker the single thats off in the pic to the pool pad or Post with the plug and switch boxes on it

On the reds one goes to timer one from the timer L 4 to the pool pad and one from the main breaker the single thats off in the pic to the pool pad or Post with the plug and switch boxes on it
im being extra careful power is off on timer and main box as well , im not sure why the colors are off
the white goes from a to a long veritical grid on the left side with 100 holes in it aluminum i believe ill get better pics it says its a nuetral grid most of the wires on it are white or copper grounds i didnt mean bonding strap sorry

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
yes wires on 1 and 3 go to a breaker white goes to a neutral but another white goes out to the pool and 4 & 2 go to the pool pad box with the pump wires of the same color , what connects the plug and switch

im being extra careful power is off on timer and main box as well , im not sure why the colors are off

the white goes from a to a long veritical grid on the left side with 100 holes in it aluminum i believe ill get better pics it says its a nuetral grid most of the wires on it are white or copper grounds i didnt mean bonding strap sorry
If it is a subpanel, the neutrals and grounds should be separate. They should only be on the same buss in the main panel.

Reactions: DevilDisc
yes wires on 1 and 3 go to a breaker white goes to a neutral but another white goes out to the pool and 4 & 2 go to the pool pad box with the pump wires of the same color , what connects the plug and switch

If it is a subpanel, the neutrals and grounds should be separate. They should only be on the same buss in the main panel.
all wires traced and labled.RED runs to main panel ,was fo light
Without pictures, the only thing that is for sure is the two small white wires are the timer-motor wires.
All wires traced and labled , tested with meter , So on the pump motor color to color then hook up the switch and gfci, Curious about the white loopers to the clock though the manuals say one goes to three and mine is on two . or is that only the t-104 and mine is a 103, also one red runs directly to its on breaker inside the main panel , so far research tells me it was for the light .any thoughts . I tried to give you video but was too large to upload , thats what it said .

so after removin the heater and light all my left over wires accounted for and traced I have a red wire left over hooked straight into the main panel on a 20 amp breaker most responses elsewhere said it was to the light. should i remove it or leave it for another light another day and cap it off .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.