Massachusetts
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
So tonight I got into bed and noticed that we left the lights on the waterfalls on. I am not trekking all the way out to the pool to get the remote and turn them off, so they are staying on all night.

But this got me thinking that I should have got a way to turn them on/off from my phone. It would also be nice to change the colors from my phone, but not as important as the on/off. Neither light manufacturer seems to offer anything like this, unless I’m missing something.

so I’m looking for suggestions. Thanks.

lights are srsmith treo and cmp waterfall (link for these in sig)

I used a TP-Link Kasa switch instead of the switch that was already on the Intermatic panel in my pool. You do need to use a plastic electrical box if you want maximum range, but that is how I have been turning my lights on and off since week two of pool ownership. It even works with Alexa so voice commands work.

How do you operate them now? Does the pool have automation? If so you might have an add on like a pool app for your phone.
the lights currently have line of sight remotes. They don’t work from the house which is 40ft from the pool. Have to be at the pool for them to work.

Pool light controls

waterfall light control⬇️
282B0A5B-A93A-41A1-8617-80DC45E28647.png

Where is the power supply for these lights plugged into? You can leave the lights on all the time on the controller side, and just cycle the power through a smart outlet.

Hmm, that picture you have looks like a standard LED controller. You could try replacing the controller with one that is wifi based. Something like this.

You could then control it with your smartphone or even Alexa.

Reactions: Rattus Suffocatus

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have connected one of these inline with power for someone to control lights before...

The link you provided says it has a movable ten foot antenna. Any chance you can mount higher to get line of sight? Says it has a 75' range.
I don’t even see an antenna. I’ll have to look tomorrow. 75’ Is probably under optimal conditions. It barely works at 30’.

I have connected one of these inline with power for someone to control lights before...
That’s a possibility.

Somewhere in the circuit there's a transformer the supplies power to the LED lights. Place a Smart Switch at a convenient place in the circuit and set it up on Alexa. I did this with my pool cleaner. Easy to set up and works great.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.