wired underwater speakers or other alternative?

Pv2

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2013
south east Arizona
I was sort of daydreaming about a speaker in the pool and looked around. All I see are a few cheap bluetooth floaters that seem like a hassle with battery charging and not really meant for underwater. The few real wired speakers I could find started at $500. Is there an in-between choice? Is there some other option like hanging a speaker right next to the pool wall of my Intex? Would that transmit through into the water?

This is like the SWGs - there is cheap and expensive with no middle ground!

I was sort of daydreaming about a speaker in the pool and looked around. All I see are a few cheap bluetooth floaters that seem like a hassle with battery charging and not really meant for underwater. The few real wired speakers I could find started at $500. Is there an in-between choice? Is there some other option like hanging a speaker right next to the pool wall of my Intex? Would that transmit through into the water?

This is like the SWGs - there is cheap and expensive with no middle ground!

If your goal is to listen to music while swimming laps, this is somewhat pricey but works well.

Strange! I thought I replied to Arizonarob the other day and I didn't find Uncle Flappy's reply in my settings/notification. :confused:

Well to answer again, I want it so I can listen to the radio station I stream. (or other sources too, but mostly the stream) while I do my funny little lap swimming routine as my head is underwater more than half the time.

I bought a cheaper version of that ipod thing for winter swimming at the public pool in Tucson but it didn't work very well and again, I kind of want to get the radio rather than recordings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.