Winterizing Question

Well the Labor Day weekend has passed and time to start thinking about closing the pool in the next few weeks. This was our first summer with the pool and had lots of good times.

We used Baquacil this year, but next year I will probably use the BBB method that I have read about. It sounds much cheaper. We have a pool cover ordered and know how the winterize the pool & pump. Is there anything I should do as far as the winterizing chemicals go? Anything to prep for the BBB method next year?

Two weeks is normally plenty, though it does vary somewhat. Some conversions take a week, others can take as long as six weeks (though that is very rare). It partly depends on how much effort you put in for the first couple of days (hourly attention for the first two days speeds things up significantly) and it partly depends on how much baq-goo has accumulated in your plumbing over the years (which is more or less impossible to predict in advance).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.