Kelowna
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I have had an impossible time getting a custom winter cover. Apparently pool companies around here are too busy to want my business. Ive been trying to get one since August and it is time to close as I'm in Canada.

My fiberglass pool measures 11' 8" x 22' 2". The smallest stock winter cover is 12 x 24. I only have 3 feet of concrete on one side of the pool. Would i not be able to anchor it because you need at least 3 feet of concrete when the cover is sized to fit the pool but likely more if the cover is larger than the pool? I was told they are padded to fit the pool sides and not damage it from rubbing so the padding wouldn't line up with my pool properly. Do you think I could use a stock size cover or does being too large cause rubbing on the side of the pool?
I appreciate any advice! I'm getting desperate

When it comes down to it you do not "Need" a cover at all... I have had my pool 5 years and never used a cover... It will get dirt and leaves in it but mine stays clear all winter.. it will freeze and thaw depending on the weather but nothing will get hurt by being uncovered... :)

When it comes down to it you do not "Need" a cover at all... I have had my pool 5 years and never used a cover... It will get dirt and leaves in it but mine stays clear all winter.. it will freeze and thaw depending on the weather but nothing will get hurt by being uncovered... :)
I think in my case I would be in trouble without a cover as I have at least 20 trees in my yard!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.