Winter Laziness... :(

Last night before going to bed, around midnight, I ran a FC test and got 16.5. This morning before racing off to work, 8:45AM, I ran a test just to see where I was at... 16.5 also! I will double check that it stays consistent tonight/tomorrow. Is that time period too long? I know the instructions say to get the readings "definitely before there is any direct sunlight on the pool" but today is pretty overcast here. Is it possible that I've hit my target successfully?

No, it isn't too long, and it looks like you hit on target. Being overcast, you may not lose much today.

See how it is when you get home,nlet us know, and go from there. Good work!

Thank you Sir!

Good job man! Glad you nailed the cya test right off. It's hard for a lot of people at first.

And by the way I was not able to get the CYA test right off. In fact I had actually shot myself in the foot one night while drinking... I was mad that the test seemed so difficult to get any reading let alone one that repeats. It was very frustrating that the instructions actually said that it takes time to "get it." So, as I said I had been drinking, I thought it would be best to rant about the test on the forum... That didn't help me out much and I had actually upset some people. Well now I understand so much more: when you're CYA reading is off the charts, I had to have been at 110+, this is an extremely difficult task to understand! However, when you have an acceptable reading it's really not very difficult to just "get it!!!"

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.