**WIN a digital wireless, dual probe thermometer**

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
[Note: The contest is now over.]

To help kick things off in the relatively new Grill With Skill (GWS) section of the site, I am sponsoring a contest.

This will be a simple participation contest. To enter, you just need to create at least two new threads (only one may be a recipe) and make a total of at least 5 additional posts. The posts must have some sort of substance, not just a "me too" type of post. (ALL posts must be within the Grill With Skill forums)

Once you have completed these easy requirements, make a single reply in this thread and you will be entered. The contest will end at noon CST, July 25th.

The winner will be chosen randomly from those who complete the above requirements. The prize is a Maverick Redi-Check Remote Smoker Thermometer (E-73). It has two probes, one for the smoker and another for the meat. You can set a high and low temp for each and there is a digital local display as well as a wireless display that can work up to 100ft away. I have one and love it! It makes it very easy to keep up with those long, slow cooks, or if you just want to make sure you get your food to the right temp.
Redi-check e-73

This includes shipping within the continental US.

I've tried to make this really easy to enter and it's a good prize so hopefully we'll get LOTS of participation on this one and really get things "cooking" 8) in GWS.

Good Luck!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm in. I'm a new Grill Dome owner and just learning about that style of BBQ. I have been Q'ing for many years and had a BBQ team in competition for 5 years on the KCBS circuit around the Kansas City area. We did about 25 contests in total, including 5 American Royal Contests. If I only knew then what I know now, we might have fared better. We did very well in the side dish categories, always having 1 or 2 dishes in the top 10. Our best meat effort was 39th in ribs, out of over 300 teams at the Royal.

I have some of my recipes online at:
http://www.tumbleweedglass.com/recipes.html

Steve Wright
Corpus Christi, TX

Steve, welcome to TFP! Just make sure you start your 2 new topics and make at least 5 additional posts in the GWS area. After you have, post back and you'll be entered. :wink:

Feel free to start a thread about your Grill Dome experience. I'm loving mine. I think I'm going to do stand-up (aka "beer butt") chickens next.

reindeerboy said:
Put my name in there as well Sean! :goodjob:

I can't put your name in until you have met the requirements. I probably didn't make this clear. Post your name in this thread only AFTER you have fulfilled the post requirements set out in the first post.

It's easy, so just post back when you have so I can make sure to drop your name in the hat. :wink:

Now I'm in.

The next time I use my Grill Dome, I will document the process and start a thread on it. Hurricane Dolly has got us prepping for a hit. It won't be much since it is likely only a Cat 1 storm. No bug-out, but there are lots to do in case we get big rains. They are talking up to 15 inches Wednesday, that should be enough.

Steve

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.