Will this grid assembly fit my old PacFab DE filter?

Jul 2, 2013
DFW Texas
I've got an older PacFab NSS-48 DE filter, stainless steel outside. I need to replace the filter grids and the threaded rods that hold everything together are disintegrating from corrosion, I don't think the manifold is cracked anywhere but it's old and I saw this complete grid assembly on amazon and thought - why not buy a whole new full assembly. Here's the amazon link to the grid assembly, there are others with my same question but no one knows the answer. Grid assembly looks like this, which looks identical to mine except the tube at the top:

BKo8IVA.jpg

Again, I don't know if it will fit the old stainless steel shell. Mine is 48 sq. feet:

YWCOkM6.jpg

Same size as the Pentair FNS filter that the grid assembly is for:

cwm6yoz.jpg

I don't know but know someone that might. Hold on a bit until they get my pm and answer.

While you are waiting get some more info for them like model number of your current system so they know what they are working with.

Kim:kim:

I've seen that other assembly and know it will work. But I might as well buy a completely new filter at that price, which I don't need to do. Where specifically does Pentair say the one I asked about will not fit? The reason I ask is because on the amazon Q&A of the assembly I linked to, there are some people who don't have the Pentair FNS filter it was specifically designed for, yet the assembly fit. For example, one guy had an old stainless steel 48 sq. ft DE filter from American Products and it worked.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.