Cantabrigienne

Apr 13, 2021
Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Woke up this morning to 8 toads swimming around in and mating in our pool. One had laid a giant egg string. 🤮 Will proper chlorine/chemical balance keep them out? (We are still in our builder-provided startup period and realizing our pool water has basically nothing in it...)

Hey Canta !!!
Will proper chlorine/chemical balance keep them out?
Sadly, no. But a frog log (Google it :)) will help them get out at least so they aren’t stuck in there. I had several guys last year for the first time. I relocated a few but there was more than I originally thought. Big suckers too. 48A10A93-F794-4A91-BD23-2C6912690E17.jpeg

I had this problem at a pool last year, they were back again and again until I was well into slamming. At that point they couldn't tolerate the chlorine. The ones that tried never made it out alive and soon enough they found another place to hang out.

I keep my pool at the proper chemical levels, but it's never stopped the toads (or the frogs). We do have a "frog pond" about 20 - 25 ft from our pool, so they tend to stay (and breed) there, but every once in a while they make their way into the big pool for a swim. We also use frog logs to ensure they can get themselves out.

Yep, they sure do! Had a good sized frog doing laps at the bottom of my pool yesterday.
Fished him out with my net and before I turned to relocate, he jumped right back in the
pool. He has found new friends in a culvert nearby. 🐸

I had a frog that would jump into the pool every night and then in the morning, get out. I guess my water was so clear that it felt exposed to predators in the daylight.

I get big frogs and snakes. The frogs are fast. I found that what I have to do to catch them is to take the net and chase them around a bit, get them tired, take the net out let them stop running for a minute or so, then I can get them with the net. For some reason they won’t put up a struggle if I chance them around and then let them rest a bit, but if I just chase them around all day I can never get them. I don’t know why they do this.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.