Will a few drops of Dawn hurt?

Hbrod

Apr 16, 2021
Nc
So...my pool is crystal clear but infested with springtails or mites after heavy rains. They won't diiiiiieeeeee. Salt cell turned up. Pump going strong. Skimmer socks on. Perhaps shocking pool. Tried skimmer- not super successful.

Can I add 3 drops of dawn to this 14.5k gallon pool to spray these little bugs??

i know it is not ideal but I either try something bold or never use the pool again...

These things won't die. Could the overflow drain be the problem? My water always splashes into mine as a feel it is set flow. Also, the pipe daylights underground. It was clogged with mud so I put a cap/grate on it and covered the area with rocks. Now I have springtails. The pipe is definitely sitting in a pool of water. I covered it with rocks to prevent mud from clogging it. I def see little big jumping around. What is the proper way to have this daylight? Can I cap it and screw the overflow and just uncap it when it rains hard?

I had no idea what a springtail was, I had to look it up :)

I take it there is no way to have the water run off? can you post a picture to see what your dealing with..

Not sure about the bugs but in 2020 when we lost power for a few days I took a bath in my pool ( in my bathing suit ).I used a little soap and although I had some bubbles where the spa water fall was it didn’t hurt anything.

Added some soap...no real bubbles and it was very diluted. I also tried to make a vortex of death with my hands trying to drown them. Still lots of springtails. I'm really going to lose it.

Demand CS and Nygard IGR in a pump sprayer. Spray all the area around the pool about 10’ out. Look for any damp areas of vegetation and spray that extra hard. Its not perfect, but the best I have had against springtails. Repeat in about 10 days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.