Wilbar Optimum under construction

Nov 24, 2016
Bergen county nj
Hi everyone,

I used this site for a lot of research so now that my pool build is finally underway I wanted to share and hopefully help someone else.

We decided on the new model by Wilbar, called the Optimum. I was looking at the Radiant for a few years and it was just too expensive, their patent must have been up because this pool is identical according to my installer.

This is a 2 inch insulated panel wall that can be installed above, semi or in-ground. We are going with semi for a number of reasons.

We had a ton of rain in New Jersey so even though the hole was dug early May it's been slow getting it up and today the concrete collar was poured. Now we just need sand and liner, then back fill. After that we plan to build a small raised patio in front of the pool and a ground level patio in front of that.

I wasn't prepared for the mess this was going to make in the yard!

Yay! Love build threads!

I’m guessing the pic itself is off level, not the pool?

signed,

Worrywart

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This is so helpful- thank you! I just put a down payment on a 16’ by 28’ oval Optimum pool and I’m meeting with the installer on Wednesday to discuss placement and depth. Do you have any tips/lessons learned based on your installation? I only have budget to do the pool this year - the deck will have to wait until next year. Was your paver surround costly?

Hi sorry I missed this post last week, I just happpend to log into the board today.
Good choice on the 16x28, I could have used a few more feet we are 16x24.
I went with all one depth. My pavers ended up pretty pricey because my yard isn’t level and there is retaining wall, mostly buried and hard to see in pic. And the raised patio in front of pool. So my total was about 11k and entire area is 23x26.
If you do just ground level should be 12-15$ sq ft was the range I saw from estimates.
Are you going semi inground as well?

This is very helpful - thank you! Your pool and patio are beautiful! So the total patio cost was about $11k? My yard is completely flat so hopefully the cost will be a little less. I am also in the Northeast (RI).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.