Why such a wide price range for LM3-24 replacement cell

ScottJ

Bronze Supporter
Oct 26, 2014
Pearl River, Louisiana
So, after having an almost trouble free pool for over 10 Yrs (thanks to this site!) I believe my Clearwater LM3-24 cell needs to be changed. I only get one green light as well as the "add salt" light even though the salt is at 4400PPM at 80F. CYA is at 50, PH at 7.6, but I struggle to keep FC over 2. I have taken the control box apart, inspected, cleaned, unplugged and re plugged with no change.

Should there be anything else to check?

I have been looking at prices for a replacement cell but they range from $300 to $1000 and claim to be OEM. Is there something I'm not getting. I do see most will have to be shipped from Australia which will add some freight charge.

Do any of you have recommendations for a trusted source?

Thanks
Scott

So, after having an almost trouble free pool for over 10 Yrs (thanks to this site!) I believe my Clearwater LM3-24 cell needs to be changed. I only get one green light as well as the "add salt" light even though the salt is at 4400PPM at 80F. CYA is at 50, PH at 7.6, but I struggle to keep FC over 2. I have taken the control box apart, inspected, cleaned, unplugged and re plugged with no change.

Should there be anything else to check?

I have been looking at prices for a replacement cell but they range from $300 to $1000 and claim to be OEM. Is there something I'm not getting. I do see most will have to be shipped from Australia which will add some freight charge.

Do any of you have recommendations for a trusted source?

Thanks
Scott

To almost answer my own question- I ordered, received and installed a Zodiac replacement cell from epools_Austrailia (ebay)for $220. It was a 90 second install and works perfectly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.