Why no extension cord for robot transformers?

Does anybody know why Maytronics says not to use extension cords?

Because the high voltage connection where the plug and the extension cord connect can get pulled into the pool.

Okay so if it was set up so that couldn't happen there would be no issue? Ive got one that when connected to the extension cord the s300 is stuck on quick clean mode, but everything else works fine. When connected directly to the outlet the quick clean button works. Could this be because I need bigger gauge wires in my cord or something?

The power supply/pool cleaners really don't draw a whole lot of juice, so I'm sure it's solely a matter of covering their butt in case someone manages to pull the whole thing in while plugged in. What gauge and length is your extension cord? Something like a 14ga should work just fine. I ran a 50ft 14 gauge extension for my Oasis z5 for awhile with no problems whatsoever....and I think it pulls a bit more from the outlet than the s300 does.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.