zwats

Sep 8, 2018
ky
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
the past 3 days my hot tub had an error code HH which means high heat. the temp flashed at 111 then when i hit a button it reset and the temp read 95. i first thought this was because dirty filter. i have cleaned the filters the past 3 days best i could in stationary tub because hose and such are frozen. i have ordered 2 new filters still waiting on them. should i try putting it on economy mode instead of standard. or just wait it out till the new filters get here and see if that fixes the issue

Remove the filters. If it clears up, get new filters. If it continues post a pic of the equipment area.
im going to remove filters for night and see if it happens again. if it does happen i have a feeling it is the sensor for the thermostat which means i will be calling someone

i had someone come out to look at it. he said couldnt really see anything causing issue other than the flow from old filters. he said try new filters and if it still overheats to call again. i put in brand new filters and it still overheated overnight so guess im going to call them again and hopefully it can get fixed. the main problem is it happens over night, it doesnt just happen within 20 mins so when they get here and check stuff it seems like its all running normal.

Check your filter cycles. If your spa is running long cycles it can overheat from the pump motor getting hot. Run the jets for 10 minutes and feel the side of the motor. It should be hot, but not painfully so.
It is curious that it only happens overnight. Your heater will run more at night, but usually not a great deal on a well insulated spa. Aside from that I can think of no reason for it to only happen at night. Are you certain?
Pull the sensor connection (and any others too while you are at it) and clean it at both sides with a toothbrush. Then pull the board and do the same to the front and back. Be gentle on the front.
Let me bounce this around my head a bit and see what falls out.

it is running on standard and f2. i check it couple times during the day and its fine. maybe it just takes that long for something to overheat? the guy that came to look at it ran it for a bit and tested the temps and he said everything checked out. i guess we will see what he says on thurs when he comes back out.
could a beat up cover be the problem?

Last edited:
it has been fixed...i think. the circulation pump was bad he replaced it and hopefully when i check it tomorrow it will be running normal

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.