Why does our Pentair EasyTouch controller keep switching back and forth from Pool to Spa mode?

ColoradoKid

Feb 20, 2019
Boulder, CO
We have a new Pentair EasyTouch controller with a Leisure Pools Pool/Spa combo. It's plumbed so it can either be in Pool mode or Spa mode.

I've noticed the control unit keeps switching the valves back and forth from Pool to Spa about every 20 minutes. There are no schedules set and no egg timers. I wonder if there is a default setting making it do this?

When we want to use the Spa, we use the App to turn it to Spa mode and set its temperature. Once it reaches the desired temperature and after about 20 minutes, the valves move back to pool and cold pool water comes in the spa. We have to be ready for it and manually switch it back to Spa mode, which will give us another 20 minutes and we keep repeating this process. Pretty annoying. Hoping it's an easy setting to change. Any thoughts?

That's freeze protection kicking in. It switches back and forth to keep water moving when air temp gets down to about 35º to 38ºF.
Thank you for this answer. Was driving me crazy. My air temp sensor was broken by a contractor. Have ordered a new one but in the interim was try to run without it. It was giving me errors so I ran eeprom so lost all memory on my easy touch. Got it all back except for pool and spa intermittent switching. With this note I turned off the freeze protection setting and it now works fine staying on in pool mode. I don't have a spa. Thank you.

throw a 10k resistor on the air temp sensor and it'll think it's 76 degrees or so, and you can get everything running normally

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.