Why does my spa drain down

chicojerry

Feb 23, 2019
Chico
You can deselect FREEZE protect on the POOL and SPA modes. That's what I did. I then created a slow speed run (~1100 RPM) on one of my open AUX circuits (AUX 7) and called it SLOW. I then enabled FREEZE protect just on that AUX circuit and so it only runs the main pump at slow speed when the weather turns cold. No cycling the SPA/POOL valves. By using an AUX circuit, you avoid the heater and SWG from activating. A heater should never be run when the air temps are that cold.

I don't like the cycling at all because it can cause the SPA to drain incrementally with each cycle.
Why does the Spa drain incrementally with each cycle? I am having that problem. Drains down about 5 to 6 inches each night.

Likely leaking valve or check valve in the return or suction lines draining back into pool.

Get plugs for spa return and maybe jets. Plug them up. If it still drains then problem is the suction line. If not, unplug return line and see if it drains.

Post pics of your valves so we can see what you have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.