Who's still swimming?

Yesterday and today; our water is down to 82 with just a solar cover (no heater, solar or otherwise). More and more shade as the sun angles lower, and next week is supposed to be cooler, so I suspect we'll do a last dip next weekend to say we swam in October, then pull the solar cover off and wait for the leaves to arrive en masse for scooping. But if we can hold to the 80s, maybe one more week after that. Looking into adding some solar panels, which I think would give us a few more weeks and start things off sooner in March/April.

Our daughters (7 years old) are still swimming every day. Hubby and I are done though! Water is reading around 72. Our temps should be around the high 60s to low-mid 70s this week. Very overcast and rainy...

I have always loved the Fall and cold weather. But now that we have a pool I long for those hot & humid summer days! Really looking forward to next Spring and Summer with a pool full of kids and laughter! :)

Best money we ever spent. No regrets!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It is CRAZY how varied our water temps are - some of you guys are NOT far at all (OZ, Suz) today my water is 78! IT IS COLD. I tried to get in over the weekend - it was 80 and it felt really cold. I guess I am a wimp . . .

Loving the hot tub though!

It is CRAZY how varied our water temps are - some of you guys are NOT far at all (OZ, Suz) today my water is 78! IT IS COLD. I tried to get in over the weekend - it was 80 and it felt really cold. I guess I am a wimp . . .

Loving the hot tub though!

I am a bigger wimp as I like my water 86 and above but our heater is dying so our water is sitting at about 82 and it is cold to me but I still get on my float and go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unexpectedly beautiful day here in southern New Jersey today. I swam laps in the morning and had a spirited pool volleyball game with my wife in the afternoon before we had to work. [emoji19] Rain is forecast tomorrow, but hey, they've been wrong before! The heater is keeping the water at 83-84° -- worth every penny I paid for it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was 85 here today north of KC, and the kids had friends over. Of course, we just got the pool finished this weekend, so there is a lot of pent up demand. The weather will not last, as the 10 day looks terrible. We won't get much more use before closing it down and waiting for spring.

The heater is starting to run more, but the water stays at 88. My rule is I get to swim as long as I have to mow. When the grass goes dormant, I'll let the pool get cold. So we probably have two more weekends of Pina Coladas, Rum Runners, and Mai Tais left :(

Came home last night from a dinner meeting circa 9:30 and went for a dip au naturale and loved every minute of it! We have been unseasonably cool and overcast for us, but hopefully the warm weather will hold on and the rain hold off. We don't have a heater or a cover and our water temp is still around 82-83.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.