Whoops. I got negligent

reba627

Bronze Supporter
Aug 6, 2021
Michigan
It’s been a week (or closer to a couple, haven’t been in the pool since 6/1 and the solar cover has been on, but it’s a tad too small so it’s not completely covered).

Just checked things and my super high chlorine levels from 10 days ago are non existent. (Using the Taylor K100 or whatever it is). I have bleach, I’m off to the store to find liquid stabilizer because I haven’t used that before, I’ve got plenty of borax but so much for me taking a little dip before all of my obligations this afternoon 😫

Any tips?

Attachments

• 15F73905-C736-4116-B9AA-18629C9B8326.png
    15F73905-C736-4116-B9AA-18629C9B8326.png
    872.3 KB · Views: 19
full

Reactions: reba627
Haha! All the bleach.

I can’t find cyanuric acid near me unless I order it online. Hardware store said they have it but when I type in cyanuric acid in the search bar, it pops up with HTH stabilizer but on the back it says “does not contain cyanuric acid” 🙄

I still have a couple of bags of shock, so to make my life easier would it be okay to toss a bag of that in tonight until I can get everything I need? And I can’t get my TA down! Is that what muriatic acid will help with? I found that at the store.

I had to order stabilizer online as well. You can use your bags of shock. The PoolMath APP can tell you what to expect. Muriatic acid is used to lower pH and TA, but don't worry about that right now. Your pH is more important and it's on the low end anyways. Once you get the CYA up to 30, increase the FC to 12 and SLAM away!

I had to order stabilizer online as well. You can use your bags of shock. The PoolMath APP can tell you what to expect. Muriatic acid is used to lower pH and TA, but don't worry about that right now. Your pH is more important and it's on the low end anyways. Once you get the CYA up to 30, increase the FC to 12 and SLAM away!
Thanks so much! And I’m still trying to figure out the CYA, either my eyesight is that good that I could still see the black dot at waist level when it was filled up or it really is that low

either my eyesight is that good that I could still see the black dot at waist level when it was filled up or it really is that low
Yeah, it's easy to stare and play tricks on ourselves. :crazy: Just glance, look away, glance back. Don't force it. At a reasonable glance, it's either there or it isn't.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.