Who has an automatic watch?

I'd love a Speedmaster. I'm even considering buying that stupid Swatch collab Speedmaster once they get into normal stock. Actually, scratch that. I'm guaranteed going to buy one of those.
Lol, I hadn’t heard of those, and the adds are making me laugh! Also I really wish I still had all those 80s era swatch watches I had as a kid!

Just looked at the Swatch x Omega collab. Yeah, I'll be buying one of those also. That's one of the best collab's I've seen. They put some effort into it, not just slap a name on it.

--Jeff

Reactions: dfwnoob
Just looked at the Swatch x Omega collab. Yeah, I'll be buying one of those also. That's one of the best collab's I've seen. They put some effort into it, not just slap a name on it.

--Jeff

They seem to all be quartz. I'll pass because of that. Only $260 though so probably a good deal for someone.

They seem to all be quartz. I'll pass because of that.

Fair enough. I was a little disappointed in that also. But that was before I saw the price. At that price point, I don't expect an automatic, at least not a heirloom quality one. So I'll take the quartz movement. It is a Swatch after all, not an actual Speedmaster. But I like the designs and the thought and effort put into it. I personally won't be going for the brightly colored models, but Mercury, Moon, Jupiter, and Saturn are all ones I would consider.

--Jeff

Fair enough. I was a little disappointed in that also. But that was before I saw the price. At that price point, I don't expect an automatic, at least not a heirloom quality one. So I'll take the quartz movement. It is a Swatch after all, not an actual Speedmaster. But I like the designs and the thought and effort put into it. I personally won't be going for the brightly colored models, but Mercury, Moon, Jupiter, and Saturn are all ones I would consider.

--Jeff

With how fast they are selling, I am surprised the Swatch Group doesn't make a model with an ETA 7750 movement. It lends itself perfectly to this watch. I think with the 7750 and a display back they could easily get $2500 for it.

A Speedmaster is on my 'someday' list. Gonna have to look at this Swatch collab now. Haven't seen that yet.

--Jeff
Lol, I hadn’t heard of those, and the adds are making me laugh! Also I really wish I still had all those 80s era swatch watches I had as a kid!
Dang it! Now I’m really upset about tossing all my old Swatch Watches.. I remember owning the Keith Haring Swatch Watch Modele Avec Personnages… 😡if I still had all my swatch watches and all my old Star Wars, GI Joe, He man and voltron toys, I could have sold them all today and retired! Ugggggg….

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Been daily wearing this seiko black monster for years. Love it.

View attachment 412126

That's a classic! My EDW is my U-Boat Flight Deck but also have a Tissot Auto. My quartz watches are a couple Seikos, a Bulova, some Casios a fossil or 2 and a Citizen Eco-drive. The Citizen has been sitting on my bedside table for over 10 years and still is working with just whatever sunlight comes in the window. Never misses a beat. I wish this Edox was mine but I'll have to wait for the next sale. Also have my eye on one of the Longines Master collection with retrograde motion.

With how fast they are selling, I am surprised the Swatch Group doesn't make a model with an ETA 7750 movement. It lends itself perfectly to this watch. I think with the 7750 and a display back they could easily get $2500 for it.
I don't know enough about watch movement to really comment, but that is exactly the price I was expecting if it had automatic movement.

--Jeff

I've got two Breitling automatics, a super avenger, and super ocean II. The super ocean rarely gets used, the avenger is daily or on a wolf winder when not in use

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1652896866049.jpg
    FB_IMG_1652896866049.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 9
  • FB_IMG_1652896927941.jpg
    FB_IMG_1652896927941.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Love
Reactions: dfwnoob
A Speedmaster is on my 'someday' list. Gonna have to look at this Swatch collab now. Haven't seen that yet.

--Jeff
Not a bad deal!

Not a bad deal!

Definitely not a bad deal! Unfortunately funds are allocated elsewhere at the moment so I'll have to keep an eye out for the next one! Thanks for posting though!

--Jeff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.