Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
I just opened my pool...and have added salt in the last 24-36 hours.

This morning, took a test sample to my local pool store and reading was 3300ppm. My K-1766 test kit tells me it was 3400ppm. But just turned on my SWG and the reading says 2950ppm. Temp of water is currently at 70F (running the heater) so I think the reading should be fairly accurate on the IC-20.

So...it is either my IC-20 is reading wrong (or reading correctly). But my actual k-1766 test was reading 3400.

Suggested ideal for IC20 is 3600 by the way...which means I could be in range or out of range...depending on who I believe?

Who do I believe?

Rich,

I never trust the IntelliChlor's reading. It only tests the water when initially powered up and then every 12 hours, so if you powered it up when the water is cold, heating it later will not change the reading.

It could also be the thermistor inside the flow switch assembly is bad.

In the big picture, it does not matter what the actual salt level is, it only matters what the cell thinks the level is that matters.

I never care as long as the cell thinks the salt is above 2800 so that it will make chlorine.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.