Columbia, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello!! My water looks and tests out very good. Actually got a 100% at my last water test at Leslie’s. For about a year now, I get white flakes shooting out of my return about once or twice a day. Almost looks like it’s snowing in my pool. Any idea on what causes this? I installed a new salt cell at the beginning of this summer as well.

Please post results from your own test kit. We do not provide guidance based on pool store results.

Hello!! My water looks and tests out very good. Actually got a 100% at my last water test at Leslie’s. For about a year now, I get white flakes shooting out of my return about once or twice a day. Almost looks like it’s snowing in my pool. Any idea on what causes this? I installed a new salt cell at the beginning of this summer as well.
Welcome to TFP! Get your own test kit: Test Kits Compared. Leslie's et al generally test rather poorly and they exist to sell you cocktails that your pool does not need. Take control of your own pool with a great kit like the TF-Pro Salt (you have a SWG) or the K-2006C. It's easy, you do your own testing, and it is more accurate than Leslie's or anywhere else as long as your reagents are within date.

Take some time while you're on this amazing site to learn, starting with Pool Care Basics.

Last edited:
Your TA is likely higher than they show, along with the CH. Lower your pH to 7.4 every time it gets to 7.8. Likely every few days until your TA comes down to 70 or below, using a proper test kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.