Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi all, have been getting my pool balanced over a number of weeks. Results:-
FC : 6
PH : 7.4
TA : 125 (little high)
CYA : 50 (will bring up shortly)
CH : 400
SWG set at 27% 2 x 5 hours, 2ppm also run pump only 1 hour after each 5 hour period.

Pool is pretty crystal clear....as i can see. Although when i run a daily robot pool cleaner, getting lots of flakes. Questions are what are these and why so much ?

Attachments

• Imagepipe_4.jpg
    Imagepipe_4.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 28
what are these and why so much ?
Could be calcium. Place in a pile outside on the grass and pour a little muriatic acid on it. If it fizzles it's calcium. Might be coming loose or out of solution when you lower the pH. Do you typically see any scale on the SWG?

Could be calcium. Place in a pile outside on the grass and pour a little muriatic acid on it. If it fizzles it's calcium. Might be coming loose or out of solution when you lower the pH. Do you typically see any scale on the SWG?
Hi did the test....fizzing away so check its calcium. The SWG does have some scale noticed a few flakes there too. Given the swg is fairly low and build of scale. Thoughts on addressing the issues ? I did clean the plates not long ago.

Attachments

• Imagepipe_5.jpg
    Imagepipe_5.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 13
Thoughts on addressing the issues ?
For the SWG, you can check on the manufacture's instructions for removing scale. For many SWGs it requires soaking the plates in a 4-1 ration of water to muriatic acid, then monitoring until the scale dissolves. For the pool itself, maintaining a CSI in the slightly negative range of about -0.3 should (over time) help to prevent future scale from occurring. More info below.

Lower your TA to around 60-70 which will lower your CSI.

What is the pH, TA & CH of your fill water?

Not sure on fill water yet....ill do that as next test. I do want to reduce TA but aeration is proving very slow and PH is not really moving from 7.4 yet...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hooked up hose to return, mini fountain. CSI 0.08 now reduced PH once already, crrently back at 7.4 will check again next few hours. TA is holding at 125.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.