White deposits on walls

Topfox

Jul 2, 2018
VA
Hey everyone,

This season I’ve noticed I’m getting white deposits on my walls. Looks almost like raised white streaks maybe like 4 or 5 per wall. I can usually rub them off with my finger with a little pressure, sometimes I have to use my finger nail, but never more than that. My water is pretty balanced, but I do have high Calcium Hardness because we have hard water. I’ve clean them off two weeks ago, but now there are new ones. I’ve also noticed my vacuum bag is starting to get white flakes, so I also recently did a Phosklear treatment, but I had this pop up before I did that treatment. Hard to get picture, but attached was my attempt.

My last measurements a week ago.
FC-10.5
CC-0
Ph-7.8
TA-110
CH-450
CYA-60

Attachments

• E327D95F-EB74-4A55-AC3C-DF96E3DB5BB6.jpeg
    E327D95F-EB74-4A55-AC3C-DF96E3DB5BB6.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 13
Nodules are a possibility, but would tend to reappear in the same places after cleaning. With TA at 110 and a SWG, I would think it would be pretty hard to keep your pH at 7.2 unless you are constantly adding MA. You might consider lowering your TA to help stabilize your pH and make your water slightly negative. Water temperature and salt also should be considered when calculating your water balance.

Nodules are a possibility, but would tend to reappear in the same places after cleaning. With TA at 110 and a SWG, I would think it would be pretty hard to keep your pH at 7.2 unless you are constantly adding MA. You might consider lowering your TA to help stabilize your pH and make your water slightly negative. Water temperature and salt also should be considered when calculating your water balance.
The streaks are protruding. I was thinking nodules as well but they are so easy to remove.

Salt is on the lower end of the SWG. Like 3000. Yeah TA was a major problem last year. Around 170 was best I could get no matter how much MA I put in. The first half of the season it was much higher, so I was finally satisfied with 170. I actually bought 30 gallons of MA for this season expecting the same and was shocked when I opened and my TA was at 80. Anywho, yeah I’d like to get my TA down to like 90 and try to get my PH around 7.2. I have enough and have been used to dropping in a gallon of MA every week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.