Which wheels should spin?

I am trying to troubleshoot my Polaris 280 Black Max. When I pull it near the surface of the water (to count rotations) which wheels should be spinning? On mine,
Per manual on pg 5 it is the single wheel side

Attachments

• Polaris MANUAL-Polaris-280.pdf
    493.7 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: BlueBaron
The turbine drive shaft turns via water flow. The gears on each end of the drive shaft mesh with gears in the wheels of the single wheel on one side and the front wheel on the 2 wheel side. So water flow drives the 2 wheels attached to the drive shaft. Friction from the idler wheel ( the small wheel) between 2 big wheels drives the back wheel on the 2 wheel side. If all is properly aligned, when out of the water (no flow), if you turn any wheel then all 3 wheels should turn.
Hope this clarifies how the wheels rotate.

Counting tire rotations is one way to confirm/adjust the speed of your vac. But you should be doing that while the vac is on the bottom, not in your hands or otherwise off the floor of the pool. If you can't see the wheels turn, then you can temporarily put a small piece of tape on one of the tires so you can more easily count the revolutions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.