Which type of pool

That depends on the area you live in, the contractors that work in your area, and how much you want to spend.

Look around - what types of pools do you see in your neighborhood? Has anything been built nearby? Know anyone in your area that’s built a pool?

This is all brand new construction and no one has a pool yet. I know the county requires a geophysical survey for any in ground improvements, but otherwise completely starting from the beginning in research.

Years ago when we used to live in Manassas I spoke to a couple of pool companies that all built concrete and the prices were outrageous for a simple build. No pool for less than ~$52k with no added features. I’m originally from Texas where you can get a pool that’s nice for $30 or $35K. I guess Northern Virginia is much different!

So our budget is basically whatever my husband will allow me to spend (he is not a swimmer so not too important to him) which realistically is as close to $40k as possible, which I do not think is possible! I’m thinking if I can keep it under $60k and maybe start selling off some things....

In TX nowadays, $30k gets you a hot tub and a nice above ground pool ? Here in Tucson, a builder won’t even talk to you at the $30k price point.

If you want an inground plaster pool with any decent features, don’t be shocked if the quotes come back in the $50k-$75k. If the builder is required to move any services or septic, it‘s going to add to the cost.

You might luck out once the dirt settles from this mess we are in. There will be a lot of businesses that don’t recover, which will put a lot of new people out of work to not be able to afford to put in pools. Then plenty of people who are still working may decide they are too worried to spend that much in an unstable economy. If the PB is hurting for business, the prices very well could come down substantially.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.