Which test kit to buy?

Brandywine812

May 16, 2021
Huntsville, Alabama
Hi-I haven’t been on here for a while so I feel like Im starting over. I have travelled most of the summer so my pool is a lovely shade of yellowish green. I have decided to convert the pool to salt water as soon as I can get it done but right now I think i would need to get it clear before the conversion right? My question is which test kit to buy so that I can still use most of the kit when I go to salt water…? Or do I have to buy a completely different test kit? I have a 23000 gallon pool and a Hayward pump and I live in north Alabama. Also, I have a lot of family arriving here on Aug 15th-how long does the conversion to salt water take?

My question is which test kit to buy so that I can still use most of the kit when I go to salt water…?
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Please see the links below. You have a couple options. You can order a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit for the standard testing, then get a Taylor K-1766 salt test kit separately, or consider the TF-Pro Salt. The TF=series kits are outstanding.

Test Kits

I'm a huge fan of the TF-Pro + Salt, which includes the SmartStir that makes testing easier and more precise (and fun!?).

Get the TF-100 and add the salt test kit for when you convert. It has every test you’ll need and includes the reagent in copious amounts. Tests like CYA and CH use a lot of reagent and the TF-100 kit gives you plenty. It also includes the chlorine drop test which is more accurate and easier to interpret than the OTO chlorine test.

I’m a newbie to this, but trust me - it’s a great value.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.