which target chlorine range should I be following?

Not sure why the app is showing 1-3, but I have been keeping CYA at about 70 and FC at about 6 and all is good. Last time I let FC dip to 1-2 range, algae came by for a party.

I've been following the recommendations on both those pages and also noticed that if I go below 3 algae becomes a problem.

The 1-3 is on the sticker inside the panel of my swg. I just want to make sure that the higher level doesn't damage it.
I just noticed that the app was 1-3 because I didn't have cya entered. once i put in 70 it changed to 3-10. default target was 8 but i was able to edit it.

Normal FC should be 12% of your CYA, and that's the minimum you don't want to fall below.

SLAM level is 40% of CYA. Anything up to SLAM level is safe to swim in and won't harm your pool.

Follow those guidelines and you'll never see algae.

Actually, I misspoke (missposted?). Normal FC is 7.5% of CYA, not 12%. But anything up to SLAM level is safe to swim in and will not harm your pool or equipment. I usually keep my pool's FC around 10% just to keep a little cushion of chlorine on hand. 7.5% is the minimum, and I figure why play with fire. You'll never be able to detect a few extra ppm, but algae sure will.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.