Which suction fittings for intex easy set 15 X 48 (2015 or later model) with Saltwater/Sand pump

johnnierotten

May 5, 2020
Ga
With many staying home this summer because of the pandemic, all the easy set pool kits are sold out everywhere so we decided to piece together our own "kit". We ordered the 15 X 48 Intex Easy Set liner from Intex (2015 or later it said) and ordered the Intex 26679EG Krystal Clear 2150 GPH Pump & Saltwater Sand Filter Saltwater System from Amazon, since Intex was sold out of those too. The suction fitting sets are also sold out on Intex, so it looks like we will have to purchase everything separately.

We need to know which suction fitting accessories we need to order and in which size - for example, are the holes 1-1/4 or 1-1/2? Which size hoses? Which plunger valves? What else is needed - like what is the piece called that goes on the inside of the pool on the other side of the plunger valves that looks like a grate?

Also, is there a good ground liner anybody can recommend, or do you just use a basic tarp?

TIA for any help!

I saw some people were doing that, but this is the little pool with the blow up ring around the top, so it will only be up in the summer and then will have to come down for winter. I figured the pvc would be difficult to take down at the end of the summer, but I'm not sure.

That’s the one I have. While I agree that you probably don’t want to hard plumb your Easy Set, this pump has 1.5 in fittings, which makes life a little easier. Give me a couple of minutes and I’ll give you a list of what you will need. Do you know if the pump is coming with anything? Inlet strainer?

Ok, you need this set of two hoses, two of these, an inlet nozzle similar to this IF your pump doesn’t come with one, and one or two of these or something similar for the suction(s). Not sure if your pool will have one or two suction lines. Keep in mind that if it is two, you will need one more hose and a tee to connect them before they feed into the pump. Let us know, and we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it. The small hose between pump and filter should be included with the pump.

I know some of this is unavailable. I tried to find Hayward fittings on Amazon and didn’t see much. but at least it will give you an idea of what to look for. Remember to level your ground by digging down to lowest point, and you can use a tarp under pool. I use both a tarp and a gorilla pad.

Don’t forget to order your test kit!

Thanks for the info kellyfair! This is actually an older post, I didn’t get any feedback so I just did as much research as I could and started ordering items with free return lol. We now have the pool up and the pump running, and are in the working out the kinks mode now.

Just for future reference for others that may be doing the same, the holes on the 15X48 Intex easy set are now 1-1/4 and there are three. So, of course the sand and saltwater pump uses 1-1/2 everything, just to make life easy ha! The inlet jet that you listed did come with the pump, but it can’t be used because the hole in the pool side is not only 1 1/4 inches and it also has a long black rubber tube attached so you can’t use any “screw on” attachments. The pump also comes with two long screw on hoses and two very short screw on hoses. I had to buy two more hoses and a T, as you mentioned, because of having two outlet holes.
I ended up having the 1-1/4 inlet jet and strainers on the inside, and putting the 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 adapters outside on each hole pole (I have not seen any adapters for the inside of the pool to go from 1-1/4 to the 1-1/2 screw on fittings). On the inlet outside pole I put the plunger valve you listed (using adapter) and attached the screw on 59 inch 1-1/2 hose that came with the pump. On the two outlet outside poles I put the 59 inch screw on hoses that I had to purchase (using the adaptors) —they should be only 3ft hoses here but I couldn’t find them anywhere, in either size 1-1/4 or 1-1/2. Then, I put a plunger valve at the T for the outlet hoses. After that, I ran another 59 inch screw on hose (came with the pump) from the plunger valve to the pump. It is working and we are swimming, but there are still some issues to overcome. The 1-1/4 inside the pool fittings are not going all the way in the holes, but still usable...no idea why, so I have emailed intex. The outlet hoses are laying on the ground because they are 59 inches instead of 36 inches. And, another issue is we got the intex auto vac and it needs that 1-1/2 jet valve fitting, that came with the pump and can’t be used, on the inside of the pool to attach to...I haven’t figured my way around this yet unfortunately. I think maybe adaptors from a hardware store, but with the pandemic we’ve been trying to stay out of stores. It’s been a crazy ride and we are still learning, but we are getting there. Oh, and it took us 3 weeks to level the ground, again having no idea what we were doing. We followed the 2X8 swinging around the middle on a piece of rebar method and we are shocked but it is totally level. We also did as others advised on here and put the pink board down so the bottom would be smooth and really like it. Sorry for the rambling, but hopefully if somebody else is trying to do the same, then this will help :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.