Las Vegas, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
Okay, so we have never had a working light in the pool. When we first moved in, we assumed the bulb was burned out and replaced it. That one worked for all of two days and then wouldn’t work again. We finally had our electrician come and run a. New housing/new LED bulb and viola, it’s working great! Here‘s my question...we have an old school Jandy PDA that controls the light being turned on. However, this LED bulb also came with a remote, but for it to work, we obviously need to leave the light in the “on” position of the PDA. Is there any benefit to using one over the other? The bulb remote is much easier, but will the light be drawing/using electricity when it’s in the “on” position of the PDA but not actually on? Is this making any sense LOL? I just don’t want to do anything to mess the light up now that it’s working!

It does not matter. Use whichever remote works better for you.

The way the light works with Jandy automation is when you turn it on through aqualink, it sends power to the light via a relay. When you change to a different color or mode (if the light supports that) it mechanically switches the light on and off until the desired color is reached. So using it through aqualink there would be no power to the light until you turned it on via the PDA. Is it color changing?

It is color changing, which is why the bulb remote is def more convenient, I just don’t want to cause any issues by having it switched to “on” all the time.

It is color changing, which is why the bulb remote is def more convenient, I just don’t want to cause any issues by having it switched to “on” all the time.

It's not powered on. The light will be powered off unless you turn it on with Aqualink. And Jandy might be able to control the light. Once you have it set up, could be it works. Lights are very simple.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.