Which pump for my pool?

fabsroman

Apr 10, 2020
Winfield, Maryland
Bought a 19 year old house with a pool. The pool is most likely as old as the house. I am in the process of understanding everything and upgrading some of it. Going to stick with the Pentair CCP420 Clean & Clear filter, but looking to replace the single speed pump with a variable speed pump. The pool has the Pentair Easy Touch panel, so I was planning on setting the panel to run the pump 24/7 to give power to the pump all the time and then installing a Pentair IntelliFlo pump that I can then program to run at a reduced rpm 24/7. Question is, which IntelliFlo pump is right for me.

The previous owner, who built the house and had the pool built, whose husband was a concrete contractor, said the pool is 37,000 gallons. Poolgate came out to my place over the weekend and confirmed that the pool is definitely over 30,000 gallons, but he is not sure if it is 37,000 gallons. I will have a better idea of the size of the pool once I add salt and can do the math.

Was planning on going with:

Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo Variable Speed High-Performance Pool Pump, 3 Horsepower, 230 Volt, 1 Phase – Energy Star Certified

Thing is, I am a complete noob when it comes to the pool and I figured I should ask the brain trust here about this pump before dropping $1,000+ on it. Is there a better Pentair pump for my application?

That is the one you will want. The newer version is 011028. Either will work.

Can you add your Easytouch to your signature?

That is the one you will want. The newer version is 011028. Either will work.

Can you add your Easytouch to your signature?

Yes I can add the Easytouch to my sig and believe I have now done so. If there is anything else you think I can add to my sig to help people understand what I have, I will be more than happy to do so.

Thanks for the reply and for the newer model number. Copied that model number off a review that I was reading about the pump, but my wife has the newer model number in our Amazon "Pool" listing. Will make sure I order the newer model.

Fab,

The IntelliFlo is the only pump that your EasyTouch can control.. I would not buy anything but the 011018 or better yet, the newer 011028.. I would not buy the VSF model or any that say +SVRS..

The IntelliFlo is the "Gold Standard" of pool pumps..

I would never install a $1,000 pump without pump unions.. Amazon.com: 2 PACK -CMP Hi-Temp Union 2" inch 2MIP x 2" inch PVC Whisperflo & Intelliflo - 2 PACK: Garden & Outdoor They prevent leaks and make it very easy to install the pump..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: setsailsoon
Fab,

The IntelliFlo is the only pump that your EasyTouch can control.. I would not buy anything but the 011018 or better yet, the newer 011028.. I would not buy the VSF model or any that say +SVRS..

The IntelliFlo is the "Gold Standard" of pool pumps..

I would never install a $1,000 pump without pump unions.. Amazon.com: 2 PACK -CMP Hi-Temp Union 2" inch 2MIP x 2" inch PVC Whisperflo & Intelliflo - 2 PACK: Garden & Outdoor They prevent leaks and make it very easy to install the pump..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for that link. I was going to put PVC unions right before and after the pump. Those pump unions are what is on the current pump, so I will just order them too and use them on the new pump. Of course, that reminds me that I need to deal with the unions for the Pentair CCP420. Whoever installed the thing left zero room, and I mean zero, for me to use a coupler off of the pipes coming from the filter. It is always the little details that hold things up. Going to order $3,000+ of stuff and will most likely forget some $20 part and have to wait a week. That is what happened a couple of times with the whole house and RO water filtration system installs over the winter.

Time to pull the trigger on some pool equipment and then get back to work so 1) I can pay for it and 2) I am far enough ahead with work that I can spend a day or two installing the equipment, cleaning the pool of debris, and getting started on the water chemistry.

Thanks a bunch,

Fabs

PG,

The pump comes with a com cable to connect to the EasyTouch.. If Fab installs ScreenLogic2, he can then have complete remote control of his EasyTouch via his phone, tablet or PC.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.