Which pool test kit for SWG pool?

arl0726

Aug 23, 2022
New England
Hello all - I am new to pool ownership. What is the best at-home pool test kit for a SWG pool? Do they differ?

For the past couple of weeks, we have had a local pool store cleaning and maintaining our SWG pool. Realized when I got the bill that they added (and charged us) for $100 worth of trichlor tabs, 5lb of CYA, and 5lbs of calcium hardness increaser, so based on the trichlor tabs, I'm a little worried the guy didn't realize this was a SWG pool and I'm not sure what the other stuff might have done to it. So, I'd like to switch to testing it myself, even though I had hoped to wait until next season before I learned all of this!

At this point, based on the old WaterGuru left from the previous owners, FC is generally around 2.5/3 and ph is 7.7-7.9 (high).

Welcome! :wave: If you go to the TF-100 link in my signature below, you'll see kit options for a TF-100 and Taylor K-1766 salt kits separately, or a TF Salt Pro test kit. Either is fine and a great value that will take you through this seasons and well into 2023.

The descriptions are a little intense. I'll be able to figure it out??
Absolutely, but if you have any questions at all just let us know. But simply put, the TF-100 tests your six basic levels (FC, CC, CYA, pH, TA, and CH). The salt portion tests only the salinity levels. Tftestkits.net created the TF-Pro and TF Pro Salt versions about a year ago to make shopping easier and a little bit more competitive. Also look for the magnetic speed stirrer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.