TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2018
Alamo, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a patch of lawn in my back yard which turns brown every summer. It was seeded with a non-drought-resistant strain of grass. We intend to dig it up and replace it, but we have a shorter-term problem to solve.

Some friends are holding their wedding in our back yard next month in mid October. I would like to at least paint the brown grass green so it doesn't look awful in their wedding photos (which I'll be taking).

Looking on Amazon, I see a few different brands of grass paint and wondering if one is better than another. One brand is "Endurant" and another is "Envirocolor".

The paint doesn't have to last long, but I do want it to look as natural as possible for the wedding photos. Do any of you have experience with painting lawns and have a preference for a particular brand of paint? Thanks for any recommendations.

I cant directly help, but this forum is the equivalent of TFP for grass. I havent been on there in ages, but it is still active and going strong. You would want it to be durable and not rub off on shoes, and especially not white wedding dresses.

I cant directly help, but this forum is the equivalent of TFP for grass.
Thanks, I was unaware of that. I should know by now that there's a forum for everything.

You would want it to be durable and not rub off on ... white wedding dresses.
That's the first thing I thought of, that would be a disaster. If you're also trying to spruce up your yard, then I guess you do what ya gotta do. Otherwise, fix the grass in Photoshop, it's very easy to do and it'll look very natural. Let me know if you need some tips on how...

Gotcha. When you find the right stuff, if there's time, you might test a small out-of-the-way patch first before you do the whole thing, to make sure it's going to perform as expected (looks right, doesn't bleed, etc).

lots of water 2 weeks before and it should be nice and green, hopefully you get some rain soon, you all need it bad :)

You can do the Southern Arizona thing and do a patch of gravel (or "rip-rap" which is larger rock) in there too if it's shaped properly it could even look nice. Otherwise put some Bermuda "grass" in it and call it good. Drought resistant grasses really aren't "grass" ---but if it's green and you can cut it-- it's good enough I suppose in dry climates... I do believe some things were better in the Midwest. Real grass is something I miss IF someone else is taking care of it. The rock isn't as attractive but I've not had to cut the rock yet, either...

Thanks for the replies. I ordered the Endurant turf colorant. I'm just looking for the quick, easy, temporary fix here. More permanent landscape revisions will soon (I hope) follow. We get zero rain between May and October, so lawn is not practical here, especially as the climate warms.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.