Which liner companies share a manufacturer

FuturePoolOwner

Sep 22, 2022
New Jersey, United States
Does anyone know if GLI and Latham use the same manufacturer for their liners? For example on their website, GLI's dark gray mosaic looks identical to Latham's gray mosaic.

Someone posted a picture of their gray mosaic from Latham, and it looked like this. It looks like it has colors of lighter blue than the pattern posted on the GLI or Latham websites..
1677624788043.png

When I was looking at looploc, for every one pic of a pool there was several of the liner by itself. Those didn't reflect the weather / environment or being full of water.

2 identical pools with the same liner might look different across the street from each other, with one looking into the sun and one looking away. (Or neighbors, etc).

Conversely, unless the patterns/colors aren't even remotely close, they will overlap many shades. I had these 2 liners and at times they looked the same.

20220712_104441.jpg

Now here's something to really blow your mind. This is the light liner

Screenshot_20230228_182417_Gallery.jpg

And this is the dark one.
Screenshot_20230228_181551_Gallery.jpg

Time of day, season, and cloud cover are everything. The pics you see are a momentary snapshot and can't even begin to tell you the story.

Reactions: Mdragger88
There’s been some discussion over the actual manufacturing in the past but I can’t seem to find the post - which may be outdated info at this point.
Have you perused this thread?

There’s been some discussion over the actual manufacturing in the past but I can’t seem to find the post - which may be outdated info at this point.
Have you perused this thread?
Yes I have. Looks like GLI and latham formed some sort of partnership a couple years ago https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...sQFnoECA4QAQ&usg=AOvVaw0R175uAYOg14s2nHf86Utj

There are a lot of liner manufacturers, but they don’t make their own vinyl sheet.

They buy vinyl sheet from a small number of vinyl sheet manufacturers like CGT.

Each sheet maker probably has a range of standard sheet formulations and patterns and they would probably do a custom formulation or pattern for a big liner maker.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.