Which is best cartridge filter for self maintainance

Welcome to TFP :)

A 420 or 520 should get you through the year with cleaning the filter only once unless you get algae or have trees or things dropping lots of stuff in the pool.. I went all Pentair and have had my Pentair clean and clear plus for 9 years.. I switch 2 sets yearly and have had no issues at all in those 9 years.. My pressure raises maybe 2 psi in the year and I filter 12 to 14 hours a day from Mar 1st to Nov 15th or so...

They are not cheap but worth every penny.. Now if you can find a filter right now you are doing great.. :)

these guys are great and they have the 320 and 420 in stock but they will not ship the 420, not sure why, maybe you could call them... On the other hand if your pool is really clean and not to much gets into it the 320 may work for the year???

Inyo says they have the 420 in stock :)

Thanks!

I think I will be going that route as I march toward complete self reliance on my pool. I still need someone to come and clean my old DE filter. And since I have to buy new grids, I thought it might be a good time to get a cartridge filter that is easier to maintain than my old DE filter. My yard does have a lot of debris from a neighbor's pine tree so I am hoping skimmer socks will help keep the filter a little cleaner. It looks easy to install.

I installed mine and they really are easy..

1 thing to remember, plumb in a 3 way Jandy valve after the pump and before the filter.. that way you can lower the pool level if needed as you will no longer have a backwash valve like the DE or sand filter.. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.