Which Intellicenter system

Kellf190

Aug 12, 2020
Sugar Land, Tx.
I have a compool system that has been upgraded to an Easytouch 8 system. It was hit by lightning and fried. I am looking to replace it with an intellicenter system.
I have a pool/spa with shared pump/filter and two Valve actuators to switch between pool and spa.
I have two intelliflo variable speed pumps. One for pool another for a waterfall.
I use 3 aux circuits for pool light, spa light, and yard lights. I only have 3 relays installed.
I use 3 of the other aux circuits to control the waterfall pump at different speeds.
I am thinking I can replace all of this with the i5ps system.

I think I can set up features to run the waterfall pump as I do today so I don't need the i8ps system

Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Fred

Guinness, Thanks. Actually I had a whole house surge protector but removed it recently so I could have room in my breaker box for a Tesla connector. Figures! But I also don't know if it would have helped in this case. I think the surge was on the low voltage side. It blew one of the small circuit breakers and when I reset it the panel went kinda nuts. It likely also took out the wired inside panel as it took out an alarm keyboard right next to it. Other damage seemed to go through the cable tv - internet lines. It took out 4 comcast boxes and the TV's , video switch , that was connected to them. The good news is no one was hurt, no fire, and all this stuff can be replaced!

Big boom,, bright flash right as a thunderstorm was rolling in. The part that makes no sense it is it appears it hit just outside on the ground 6 feet from our two story house. Nothing visible on the house at all but a 6 inch hole in the ground. Just inside the house is where several cable TV, internet lines, Alarm panel, and pool control panel lines run so I suspect the lightning induce a large voltage spike within those cables. They do make surge protection for cable TV and internet lines but I just don't see me putting them all around the house. The new TV's sure are a lot better and cheaper these days.

Wow that was close. Fortunately I'm not in a thunderstorm prone area, but I still put a SPD into my IntelliCenter load center as I figured it was cheap insurance for both my panel and Intelliflo. Not sure if it would've helped in your case due to the proximity of the strike. Hopefully your homeowners insurance can help with the costs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.