which comes first the spillage or the pump?

datenth

May 4, 2020
California
I have an question and I am hoping that someone could direct me. I have a computer running my pool system. I have been told that I should run my filter pump for all the days that I have sun shine on it. it has an attached spa which is elevated above the pool. Should I have to run both the spillage and pump daily. which should start first... spillage of the pump... just new to this pool ownership... But I keep the levels right and the pool water clear. So I am have acquired some level of kudos... but now i am trying level up my smartness

Welcome to the forum!
To help us help you, filling out your signature is appreciated. It will tell us what automation system you have, pump type, etc. See Create Your Signature - Further Reading
Your pump run time is based on how you chlorinate your water and how much skimming is needed. Nothing to do when the sun is on the pool surface. The spillover only needs to run long enough each day to be sure the spa water is kept chlorinated.
Let us know some more specifics of your equipment and we can help guide you.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

In addition to what Marty asked, tell us how you chlorinate your pool.

These may also help you...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.