Which Circupool model should I go with?

UpperCanada

Jun 1, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Hi Everyone,

I am brand new here and so happy to be taking control of my pool. Since install (underground 17 000 gallons in Ontario Canada) we have had issues with air leaks, chlorine regulation, the UV unit not working due to flow rate. All of it still occurring periodically. Jeez. So, I have decided to tackle the problems myself starting with ditching the chlorine tabs and going with a SWG. I have read a number of the posts here and am interested in the Circupool brand. Which model would you suggest? I would like something with a readout of pertinent chemistry.

Thank you! ...Aylish

I would like something with a readout of pertinent chemistry.
There are no such units. They will report water salinity. But you need a proper test kit to measure and manage the water chemistry.
A RJ30 or larger will work in your pool. Any model that creates at least 1.25 lbs of chlorine per day will work.

Thanks very much. I showed my gap in knowledge there. I'll be doing a lot of reading here. You like the RJ models over the Edge and Core and SJ models? Honestly, I look at all the models and get a little overwhelmed. My husband works more than full time so this adventure is entirely on me, mistakes and all.

I would stay away from the SJ, it is very basic and typically requires higher salinity to work. The other ones are fine. For your short season any of them would work.

How do you plan to import it?

Whatever shipping option they offer? I'm going to call them first to ensure that cross-border shipping isn't an issue. We were going to get a Hayward but were told that we wouldn't have a warranty because my husband is doing the install and we can't get our hands on a unit anyway.

My one remaining concern is about the flow switches. We have a UV filter attached to our system right now, but it doesn't come online unless we have the pump set to 2300 rpm. I'm hoping that the SWG will operate at a lower rpm. One of my questions for Circupool.

My SJ works at 1200 rpm and above.. If you are reworking the pipe/pad I would just take the UV system out and install the SWG and simplify your pad layout.. :)

I would also get a bigger unit if you can afford it. There are some threads here that call into question the Circupool calculations for chlorine generation. Also, with a bigger unit...you can generate "faster" given the pump run time. Maybe not a concern for you, but with my energy hog two speed...I try to keep my pump run time to a minimum.

I've been a little concerned with the posts questioning the Circupool chlorine generation. The other option is a Hayward Aquarite 25 000 gal, my pool is 16 500 gals. The Hayward is smaller, but possibly a better unit? And our pool only runs from May to the beginning of October, but it is full sun and temperatures can hit 45 degrees celsius in the summer. I don't know if that impacts how the SWG works though.

The Hayward unit will work. You will need to run the VS pump for 18 hours each day or so. But not a big deal.

Many, many members have no issue with their Circupool SWCG's. We have had a couple have some issues. Not unusual with a piece of equipment.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Has OP looked into the Hayward Low Salt system only available in Canada?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.