Where to start

laciod

Jul 21, 2019
Springfield, MO
I'm a little lost on where to start. I have a circle 15 ft by 48 in above ground pool and I can't figure out how to test the water. I bought a Leslie's Deluxe poolcare DPD test kit and all the videos I keep finding are saying to use R4 and this kit has an R 14. What's the difference?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!

Those are 2 different reagents used for the pH test. They are just different concentrations to use in different comparator blocks.

You almost have one of the recommended test kits. You just should add the FAS-DPD chlorine test.

Uh, I am not sure that will work. R-0004 and R-0014 are not compatible (that's the correct numbers) Taylor (That's who makes Leslie's kits) makes a different comparator block for the R-0014 than the R-0004.

They are both phenol Red but they are not interchangeable

OP, your kit should have R-0014 and R-0015 for pH test. Forget about R-0015 (Acid Demand Test). You don't need it. Instead we use PoolMath calculator. Fill your comparator tube to check mark on pH tube, add 5 drops of R-0014 (holding bottle vertically) and read your pH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.