Where to find colored skimmer faceplates?

l1ltaral1l

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jul 16, 2019
Walnutport, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Our pool was just built this fall, but I slacked on requesting grey skimmers/returns/drains (our liner and steps are grey). To those in the industry - any idea where I can buy these to install myself? Maybe not the drain covers, but I would think there is a faceplate for the skimmers and returns that can be swapped out? A few months ago I contacted GLI directly, and after a week of a runaround, they finally told me I need to buy from a distributor who will only sell to a pool professional. My PB hasn't been responsive (not shocked, hes retiring and is 'off' in the winter). I emailed two other distributors listed on the GLI website, but no response. Everything is Hayward brand.

These white accessories stick out like a sore thumb to me and I'd love to get them changed in spring when we open!

None came up on inyo's website but i found many through google that linked back to them. So they have them. Ace pools came up first and when i clicked 'compare at 10 sellers' , inyo was on both lists for gray returns and facelpates

Oops, I thought I updated this on Friday.

I did the online chat with INYO. Super nice and fast to respond! But she said they do not have them - only linked me to the actual skimmer part itself.

I didn't do much other searching but plan to this week.

I found some!!!! I just popped on to Amazon and typed in "gray pool skimmer plate" and got three hits. NOW I know what you should ask for "Gray snap on face plate cover". Make sure you know your size as there are three different sizes. Good luck!

Ask the PB for the sizes and model#s there are plenty out there

WTH! The PB gave me Hayward 1084, and that seems to match with that one INYO link you gave me. Grrrr. But so happy they are out there! Now I need to confirm P/N's...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It appears the standard main drain covers are #1048. Also available in gray. Much trickier to swap out tho...... :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.