Where NOT to buy bleach

Rangeball

May 25, 2007
I was in Target this weekend, browsed through their pool aisle. Picked up a sweet US Diver facemask/snorkel combo. Noticed they sold "liquid shock" or something like that. $4.99 a gallon for 5.25% sodium hypochlorite.

And their stock was running low... :(

eelhc

May 30, 2007
Rangeball said:
I was in Target this weekend, browsed through their pool aisle. Picked up a sweet US Diver facemask/snorkel combo. Noticed they sold "liquid shock" or something like that. $4.99 a gallon for 5.25% sodium hypochlorite.

And their stock was running low... :(
Store's fine... you were just in the wrong aisle...

NWMNMom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 8, 2007
Waaay NW MN
Sometimes you can get really good deals at places like that because nobody knows what the heck the stuff is, so it ends up at 50-75% off (like the DE I bought at KMart for $8.75 25# bag)

"Hey, thats not a filter cartidge or a chlorine tablet, and it sure doesn't have that good copper in it to fight algae.... I don't need it!" lol

nivek911

LifeTime Supporter
May 13, 2007
I have 3 Walmarts within an hours drive of each other. The Ultra Bleach 174oz bottles are $2.25 at two stores. The third store has it for $1.25. Heck, on the next shelf down, they have the 3 Qt bottle for $1.19, which is the same price as the other two stores for that size.

So, I've purchased another 12 big bottles today, 24 over the past 3 weeks. Hopefully, the magic won't end this pool season.