Where do I start with chemical correction?

angiern2004

May 4, 2020
Northern CA
FC: 0
PH: 7.2
TA: 90
CYA: 40 (how can it still be 40 from initial set up when we’ve added water a bunch of times?)

Where do I start with correcting this? We have our house on the market and the balance got away from me.

How long does the taking it down process take? I know it probably starts with scrubbing and draining, and letting the liner dry out. Is this going to be a long drawn out process if we move in a week?

Summer Waves Ultra 14x42

If you are moving in a week, I would think you have a lot more to worry about than the pool test levels and where CYA went.
Forget about testing. In your 4000 gallon pool, add 25-30 oz (a bit less than a quart) of 6% bleach each evening and forget about it.

If the pool is algae free, then you can just drain the pool and equipment and let them dry out. Probably take 2-3 days to dry out. Take a towel and dry off the insides for quicker dry time.

I wasn’t so much worried about the CYA and where it went, I just get surprised when it’s always 40. Like it makes me question if I’m doing the test right. Hahahaha.

I don’t see any algae, so I don’t need to SLAM? Or I still should? That’s my biggest question I guess.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.