Where do I start with chemical correction?

angiern2004

May 4, 2020
Northern CA
FC: 0
PH: 7.2
TA: 90
CYA: 40 (how can it still be 40 from initial set up when we’ve added water a bunch of times?)

Where do I start with correcting this? We have our house on the market and the balance got away from me.

How long does the taking it down process take? I know it probably starts with scrubbing and draining, and letting the liner dry out. Is this going to be a long drawn out process if we move in a week?

Summer Waves Ultra 14x42

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I suspect you added water due to evaporation. CYA does not leave the pool water due to evaporation.

Do you need to follow the SLAM Process?

Reactions: sammckin

Teald024

TFP Guide
If you are moving in a week, I would think you have a lot more to worry about than the pool test levels and where CYA went.
Forget about testing. In your 4000 gallon pool, add 25-30 oz (a bit less than a quart) of 6% bleach each evening and forget about it.

If the pool is algae free, then you can just drain the pool and equipment and let them dry out. Probably take 2-3 days to dry out. Take a towel and dry off the insides for quicker dry time.

angiern2004

May 4, 2020
Northern CA
I wasn’t so much worried about the CYA and where it went, I just get surprised when it’s always 40. Like it makes me question if I’m doing the test right. Hahahaha.

I don’t see any algae, so I don’t need to SLAM? Or I still should? That’s my biggest question I guess.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.