Where did you guys buy your Taylor K-2006C test kits?

Sep 27, 2017
Conway, AR
I purchased one from a third party vendor on Amazon and it came with the DPD containers open all the powder spread throughout the kit. Fortunately Amazon refunded my money and let me keep the undamaged parts of the kit.

I then ordered one from Pool Supplies Superstore and it came exactly the same way. It seems the spoon being held down by the rubber band puts upward force on the lid during shipping and opens the lid on the DPD powder. I ordered two extra bottles of DPD powder and I have maybe 1 and 1/2 bottle with the second kit. Did anyone else have this problem or am I just terribly unlucky?

First kit.
qsan1ZP.jpg

Second kit.
Ydl9EHd.jpg

lxf0o4I.jpg

I understand everybody likes to save $$$. Please appreciate the wealth of free information and dedication all forum moderators and forum experts provide daily to members seeking help or guidance.

Please consider TFTestkits.net for your pool testing needs.

I feel the same way...I want to support the site...BUT THEY DON’T SHIP to CANADA!???

That is becauseLowry & Associates in Newmarket, Ontario has exclusive rights to sell Taylor products in Canada.

Many Canadians arrange to have tft ship to someplace by the border where they can pick it up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It seems that the K-2006 has been replaced by the K-2005. The powder is gone, replaced by two liquid reagents. Are there special TFP instructions for using this formulation? Before I would use 1 scoop of the DPD powder.

That is incorrect. The k-2005 is a simpler less expensive test kit that cannot do the FAS/DPD chlorine test that you need.

If you have the K-2005 you can separately buy the FAS/DPD Chlorine Test to make your kit equivalent to the K-2006.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.