Where could algae be hiding?

Hard to call from pictures, but I would call it 50 ppm CYA based on the pictures.

I would suggest you go to maintenance mode and see what the FC acts like. Use the target range FC for 50 ppm CYA. Test the same time each day and add what is needed to raise your FC back to target range. See what your FC loss is each day. After several days, report back.

I'll continue to keep track of my additions but so far I am at least passing overnight test since getting the algae out of the steps. I still lost 3.5ppm halfway through the day and expect my next check to have lost another 3.5-4... which is 7.5-8+ppm loss per day due to the sun. It's really too expensive to keep up with that sort of loss, and at most I've heard of people having 4ppm in ultra sunny areas :( I'm worried about adding more CYA...

6/27/19 -
7AM: 23.5, 0cc - no bleach added (full sun)
5PM: 8.5, 0cc - no bleach added (full sun)
10:45PM: 8, 0cc - no bleach added (2 people + dog swimming from 7-9pm)

6/28/19 -
6:30AM: 7.5, 0cc - 2 cups added - should bump to 8fc. (full shade/barely sunup)
12:30PM: 4, 1 gallon added (full sun)

OK -- dirt, etc that dogs can bring in the pool can sometimes dramatically increase the FC consumption. Just a thought.

Testing has remained extremely consistent, even with no swimmers today it was the same - we did have a brief rain storm and more cloud coverage which i’d had hoped would save some bleach but it didn’t.

I check around noon and i’m down to 4, so I add a gallon. I check around 11-12 at night and I’m at 5, so I add 3 quarts. All that’s lost in the daylight hours.

At this point I think i could do it without testing everyday which saves on resents but... I’d really like to try and knock down this consumption :( It’s almost 2 gallons of 10% a day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.