Where are you buying bleach at?

OK -- but if it is low, you can use calcium hypochlorite. Cal Hypo. They sell it in bags and bulk.

My Walmart says it has pool essentials in stock for pick up today. My fiancee is there right now and they have nothing shelved, say there is none, and are trying to push her to a single quart of great value bleach.

I ordered 10 gallons of the pool essentials online for pick up. See if they end up having it or not I guess.

This is only year I've ever had to do it, but I've had to use 73% cal-hypo when I opened up and luckily i bought enough as my salt cell died and that's been hard to find. My CH is usually pretty low (75 at open) so I've felt ok using cal-hypo just for a short while.

My Walmart says it has pool essentials in stock for pick up today. My fiancee is there right now and they have nothing shelved, say there is none, and are trying to push her to a single quart of great value bleach.

I ordered 10 gallons of the pool essentials online for pick up. See if they end up having it or not I guess.
Ours said it was out and they probably had 50 gallons. I went to buy household beach and was pleasantly surprised

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks like there are a couple of Ollies near you. They are a good source of cheap ($2.99/gallon) 10% chlorine. Just bought 5 cases yesterday. Good luck.

For record, calcium carbonate (CH increaser) dissolving into water is exothermic (creates heat) and if you try to dissolve too much in a bucket it can be dangerous. You can just broadcast it over the deep end. It’s not really dangerous to have it on the pool surface, like CYA or powdered shock can be.

I found a ton at Home Depot and it is just under $5 for 2 gallons at 10% concentrate. I also found out that the pool stores carry them for the same price but you can buy a ton and use their coupons to get it even cheaper but you have to ask them for it because they won't put it out on the showroom.

Call around to the mom & pop pool stores for liquid chlorine - its hit or miss but i have found one in my area that has fresh 12% in 2.5 gal jugs- there’s a $5 deposit on the jugs. I also found one in my mom’s area- they don’t carry large quantities but they were glad to have the business.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.