When to Test

May 24, 2018
Liverpool, NY
I will be opening my pool shortly and I have a question on WHEN to test my pool. Once I get all the chemicals balanced out, I will be using a stenner pump to inject liquid chlorine twice a day. My run time on my pump will be 5am - 11am and 5pm -11pm and I'll be injecting the chlorine around 8am and 8pm. ( all subject to change but you get the idea ) My Question is at what time should I be testing my pool ? Before the chlorine injection or a hour or so after ? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you

I would test FC in the late afternoon before the chlorine injection. I want to know that the FC is not falling below the minimum FC for your CYA after the sun UV rays have consumed CL for the day. Having the FC fall below the minimum leaves you susceptible to algae.

You may want to test after the CL injection if you are going to swim to see that the FC is below the shock level for your CYA.

I would test FC in the late afternoon before the chlorine injection. I want to know that the FC is not falling below the minimum FC for your CYA after the sun UV rays have consumed CL for the day. Having the FC fall below the minimum leaves you susceptible to algae.

You may want to test after the CL injection if you are going to swim to see that the FC is below the shock level for your CYA.

I was thinking along the same lines. Thank you for your advice...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.