Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2016
Cookeville Tn
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi, whew! I met OCLT this morning. My numbers are: FC 15.5 (16 last night at last reading); PH 7.8; TA 50; CYA 30. Do I add stabilizer now or let the chlorine level drift down a bit? Thanks so much for helping me get to this point...

You can add some stabilizer now. Your signature shows no SWG, so I'm guessing non-salt pool? So a CYA of 40-50 should do well for now. If it is salt, then go to 70. Congrats on the OCLT. :goodjob:

TA is okay, but no lower than 50. If it tries to drop, add some baking soda.

You can add some stabilizer now. Your signature shows no SWG, so I'm guessing non-salt pool? So a CYA of 40-50 should do well for now. If it is salt, then go to 70. Congrats on the OCLT. :goodjob:

TA is okay, but no lower than 50. If it tries to drop, add some baking soda.
Thanks so much! I actually do have a salt system installed. The Board that gives all the readings is not working and I just haven’t replaced it. May have to do that if the bleach situation gets worse. Thanks again for your help.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.