When to fill...

Jul 29, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have been putting stalling our pool build because it's too cold to swim, but I am wondering how soon I actually have to fill the pool with water. Right now we are done with our second inspection and ready for plaster and water whenever I choose. Do I have to fill the pool right away when the plaster is done? I am getting Quartzscapes which is an exposed aggregate and it requires an acid wash and pressure wash. Is that done the same day they shoot the quartz plaster and then they fill it with water?

Most of the time it is plaster on one day then come back to do acid wash the next day with water that same day.

There have a been a couple that did the acid wash the same day as the plaster with water started that day after the acid wash.

You DO have to fill the pool with water as soon as possible after the acid wash. You do NOT stop the fill until it is all the way to the waterline tile. Stopping the water before the pool is filled can cause lines in the plaster.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.