When to buy a new heater? Zodiac Jandy LRZ400EN

RajLives

Feb 1, 2022
Hi,
Newbie question, I'm being recommended to purchase a new heater which I believe is about 12 years old. I replaced the flame sensor 2 years ago and it has been working mostly well but has had intermittent ignition issues.

I think it needs a new Hot Surface Ignitor however I'm being told to replace the entire unit. Any feedback would be great including model recommendations. I've been told it is about 15k gallons. Thanks

A new igniter is a lot less expensive then a new heater.

If you want to go through some diagnostics and show us pictures I will let @swamprat69 lead you though.

Reactions: wireform
I spoke to the pool repair company and they said the heat exchanger is rusted and I'm on borrowed time. They said to replace with Avia 264 - cost all in $3500. Or I can replace the ignitor for $230 but no long how long the heater will work for. It is 10 years old to the day almost. What do you think?

Can you take off the side panels and show us pics of the insides of the heater?

Unfortunately, I'm not near the pool. I've got an exterior pic I'm adding but doubt it will help.

Leaning on swapping. How much should the installation be near Orlando? Feel like $3500 is too high for heater and install.

note_20220209090243.jpg

Unfortunately, equipment prices are high right now. I just purchased a 400K BTU Raypak heater, and the heater alone plus tax and shipping came to $3400. I still have to install it myself. $3500 installed seems reasonable to me, granted that price is for a much lower output heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.