Jul 26, 2015
Youngsville, LA
Several problems identified at opening this year:

Need to replace Pentair iC40 chlorinator
Water fall feature pump is leaking from front face
Need to change or rinse filter sand
Polaris Robot cleaner I bought (gently used) lasted one season
May be time to redo plaster

With all this im feeling a little overwhelmed. Normally I would prowl the forum for hours at a time. But that is only going to drag things out. Thanks for any insight you can give. Trying to avoid pitfalls. First thing, Cleaner:

Looking into robot vs pressure cleaner. Think I'm going Robot. Like others before me, the more I research, the more confused I get. Have several models in mind, trying to search the Pros vs Cons.

Dolphin premier
Dolphin DX3 / DX4
Dolphin Active 20 / 30
Dolphin S200
Pentair Prowler 920

There is conflicting information about Maytronics cleaner warranty not being honored if purchased online. Is the warranty null and void unless you purchase from factory authorized retailer?

Any insight on these models would be greatly apprecieated.

My understand when you call Margaret at Marina Pool Spa and Patio and order by phone it is not an internet order and you are covered by the warranty.

Is the warranty null and void unless you purchase from factory authorized retailer?

Yes, BUT. Like Alan mentioned, depending on where you buy it, many places are authorized retailers that sell over the phone. (Not the internet)
Marina pool is hands down the best prices and customer service out there.

Now with that being said. A local brick-and-mortar store is easier if you have a warranty issue that needs fixing, VS having to ship it off to get it repaired. So the choice is yours, whatever your comfort level is. :cheers:

Reactions: Patriot_Son
Dear son,

I have both the Premier and two S200s.. The Premier is about 6 years old and is now working in a rent house pool. It works great, but the S200 is by far the best of the two.. The Premier costs almost twice what the S200 costs.. The S200 has a much larger top loading basket and does a better job of cleaning the waterline tile.. When the Premier dies, it will be replaced by another S200 (style) robot.

I purchased both of my S200's from Margaret at Marina pool and Spa

Margaret Mills
Marina Pool, Spa & Patio
7777 West Jewell Avenue
Lakewood, Colorado 80232
303-985-0077

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Patriot_Son
Thanks for all your input! Ended up pulling the trigger on a Warrior Si from Margaret at Marina Pool, well she was on the other line, but the young man that assisted me was very knowledgable and helped me out. I gave local brick and mortar the opportunity to price match, but they declined. Ships out today and should have in 3-4days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.